Reason for Visit
D’Vine has presented to her Primary Care Provider today to request a prescription for the new long-acting form of HIV-1 pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP).
Upon opening statement, learner will discover D’vine is engaging in an extramarital affair and wants something discrete while protecting themselves and their partner.
This is a Telehealth visit, and this patient’s first time seeing this provider.
Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and Expression (SOGIE)
- Gender Pronouns: She/Her
- Sex Assigned at Birth: Male
- Gender Identity: Woman
- Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Participants have up to 20 minutes to conduct this visit.
- Collect pertinent data, including a comprehensive sexual health history
- Answer patient’s questions, and review the process of starting the medication, as well as needed monitoring
There will be verbal feedback with the SP following the visit.
- Understand long-acting injectable PrEP prescribing information: indication, dosage, schedule, administration, monitoring etc – and be able to relay it in a patient friendly way.
- Practice the CDC’s 5 P’s method of collecting sexual health information in a LGBTQ+ friendly way.
- Provide effective sexual health counseling and care to a transgender patient in a trauma informed, culturally sensitive way.
Who Should Participate?
This scenario is a fit for all Advanced Practice Primary Care Providers (NP, PA, MD, or DOs)